Transportation & Land Use
- Improve coordination of economic development, land use, infrastructure, transportation, and natural resource planning
- Develop transportation systems to support a prosperous, globally competitive economy and improves the quality of life for Heartland residents while minimizing impacts to the natural environment
- Encourage development of affordable and attainable housing in all communities of the Heartland
- Creating and enhancing a north-south multimodal corridor with connections to major markets
- Increase affordable housing opportunities in proximity to transportation corridors, employment centers, and urban services
- Increase infill and redevelopment in existing communities
- Implement strategic transportation design
The Six Pillars
Performance indicators are used to measure the effectiveness of the Region’s efforts to improve economic conditions.
View additional information on Performance Measures here.