Education, Workforce & Economic Development
- Enhance lifelong learning opportunities for Heartland residents
- Encourage innovation and creativity in education at all levels
- Develop, attract, and retain a skilled workforce to meet future employer needs
- Support existing and new business
- Increase the share of employment in skilled labor occupations
- Improve the Heartland’s telecommunications and information technology infrastructure
- Strengthen the Heartland’s energy, logistics and manufacturing, agricultural, tourism and recreation industries
- Support both established and emerging regional employment centers
- Expand access to and availability of Early Childhood Learning Resources, STEM Education, and Career Exploration programs
- Encourage collaboration and partnerships with the private sector, economic development, workforce organizations, and school boards
- Maintain and improve infrastructure to propel targeted industries in the Heartland
The Six Pillars
Performance indicators are used to measure the effectiveness of the Region’s efforts to improve economic conditions.
View additional information on Performance Measures here.